Benefits of Pregnancy Exercise Classes
Congratulations – you’re pregnant!
At Life Cycle Physiotherapy we know you want to stay active, fit and healthy during pregnancy for yourself and your baby. But you might feel unsure about what you can and can’t do, or your usual exercise no longer feels ‘right’.
Our Pregnancy Exercise Classes are the perfect way to keep exercising safely during pregnancy. Run by a Women’s Health Physio with over 20 years’ experience, our Pregnancy Exercise classes include:
- Pilates-informed, resistance and gentle cardio exercises
- Exercises targeting core support, pelvic floor, posture, flexibility and strengthening for the upper and lower body – all the things you need for your changing pregnant body
- Tailored exercises for any pregnancy-related problems, such as low back and pelvic girdle pain or pelvic floor issues
- Information and education on a variety of pregnancy and birth topics
- A chance to exercise and socialise with other pregnant women
Pregnancy Exercise Classes - More Details
- Classes run in 5-week blocks. Not only does this include a weekly 45-minute Physio-supervised exercise class, but you also get home exercise ideas and loads of pregnancy and birth-related information emailed straight to you, plus education sessions on different prenatal and birth topics.
- An initial 1:1 assessment is recommended before you start. We can discuss your personal exercise goals and you can be taught how to modify exercises for any pregnancy-related problems. This 1:1 session is essential if you wish to claim classes on your private health insurance “Physiotherapy extras”.
- You can start from any time during pregnancy and attend for as many blocks as you like – even right up until you give birth!
- Our classes are held in our lovely Adelaide city centre studio on Carrington Street.
- It’s important you know you are safe to exercise in pregnancy. Before commencing we will ask you to complete our Pregnancy Medical Checklist. In some cases, medical clearance may be required from your Obstetrician, GP or Midwife.
- What do I wear? Wear something you feel comfortable moving in and which allows you to get on and off the floor easily.
- What do I need to bring? It’s a good idea to bring a water bottle and maybe a snack if you tend to get hungry after exercise.
- When can I start? You can start at any time during pregnancy, but many women like to wait until they are past the 1st trimester.
- Why do I have to book for 5 weeks? Any exercise program only works when you do it regularly. Booking a 5-week block helps you commit to regular exercise (just like a monthly gym membership) so you can get the most out of your classes. Booking in blocks also reserves your spot for that 5-week period so you don’t miss out, as class numbers are limited.
- Do I have to wait for the start of a 5-week block to start? No. Your own personal 5-week block starts whenever you do.
- What happens if I miss a class? Sometimes life happens. If you know in advance that you are going to be away, then we can plan for that when paying for a 5-week block. If you miss a class due to illness, you will still receive your home exercise plan or information sheet, so you don’t miss out.
You can book your pre-class assessment or book into Pregnancy Exercise Classes on our bookings page.
For further information on our Pregnancy Exercise Classes, please fill out the contact form or email email@example.com.