At Life Cycle Physiotherapy we know being a mum can be really demanding. You need to be physically and mentally on your A-game. Meanwhile your body is recovering from pregnancy and birth, all on next to no sleep! How do you do it all?
Mums & Bubs Exercise Classes are the perfect way to return to exercise SAFELY and EFFECTIVELY after your baby.
8 Reasons Why You NEED Mums & Bubs Exercise Classes
- Specifically designed for postnatal needs – core strength, relief from aches & pains, butt & arm strength, cardio – all the things you need as a busy mum.
- Tailored for individual problems. Tummy separation? Back pain? Pelvic floor issues? No problem – exercises can be modified for your needs.
- You get more than just exercise. Every 5-week block includes education on different aspects of maternal and child health and home exercise programs emailed straight to you.
- Improve your mental well-being. Exercise is great for helping you cope with the highs and lows of being a mum.
- Exercise fights fatigue. We know you haven’t had enough sleep – exercise will give you more energy so you can cope better with those sleepless nights!
- Bubs are welcome! No need for babysitting.
- Meet other new mums and share your experiences.
- Health fund rebates available. Classes are run by a Women’s Health Physiotherapist, so you can claim under your Physio extras cover.
Mums & Bubs Exercise Classes - More Details
- Classes run in 5-week blocks. This includes a weekly 45-minute exercise class, home exercise programs, information handouts and an education session on different maternal and child health topics from local experts.
- An initial 1:1 assessment is recommended before you start. We can discuss your personal exercise goals and teach you how to modify exercises for any postnatal problems. This 1:1 session is essential if you wish to claim classes on your private health insurance.
- It’s important to know about any postnatal problems you may have. Before commencing we will ask you to complete our Postnatal Exercise Checklist. If you want to start classes before your 6 week doctor’s check-up, it is recommended you seek your doctor’s approval.
- Our classes are held in our lovely Adelaide city centre studio on Carrington Street.
- Bubs are welcome and encouraged - but you don’t have to use them as an exercise “prop”. This is your time to exercise. They can be next to you at all times, and Jenny offers free cuddles for any bubs who may need a bit of settling.
- You can start from 4-6 weeks postpartum and attend for as many blocks as you need.
- What do I wear? Wear something you feel comfortable moving in – and for breast-feeding mums, a supportive bra is a must!
- What do I need to bring? Just you (& your baby). But a water bottle, a rug and some toys for your baby can often be helpful too.
- When can I start? It is best to wait until you are 4-6 weeks postpartum, depending on your delivery type.
- Why do I have to book for 5 weeks? Any exercise program only works when you do it regularly. Just like a monthly gym membership, booking a 5-week block helps you commit to regular exercise, so you can get the most out of your classes. In 5 weeks, you will start to feel the difference yourself, in 10 weeks others will notice the difference!
Booking in blocks also reserves your spot for that 5-week period so you don’t miss out, as class numbers are limited.
- Do I have to wait for the start of a 5-week block to start? No. Your own personal 5-week block starts whenever you do.
- What do I do with my baby during class? Many mums bring a rug to lay their baby on and some toys to keep them amused. Some bring in their pram or capsule. It’s up to you.
- What happens if I miss a class? Sometimes life happens. If you know in advance that you are going to be away, then we can plan for that when paying for a 5-week block. If you miss a class due to illness, you will still receive your home exercise plan or information sheet, so you don’t miss out.
You can book your pre-class assessment or book into Mums and Bubs Exercise Classes on our bookings page.
For further information on our Mums and Bubs Exercise Classes, please fill out the contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.